News and Press Releases
Thank you for showing an interest in our work, which is about giving more patients relief through a side-effect free method of treating severe allergic asthma.
Airsonett is a research-based medical technology company with a unique technology that leads the way in the development of non-pharmaceutical treatments for asthma. Our product is called Airsonett (formerly Protexo).
As well as symptoms of asthma during the day, patients with severe asthma often sleep badly as a result of breathing problems, coughing and a blocked nose. Airsonett is installed in the patient’s bedroom. Treatment takes place during the night while the patient is asleep. The filtered air from Airsonett sinks slowly over the patient’s head and face. The clean air is slightly cooler than the air in the room, so it sinks and displaces unclean ambient air. In principle, when the filtered air reaches the patient’s face, it is totally free from particles that cause allergies and creates an practicially allergen-free breathing zone.
To find out more about studies and research on treatment with Airsonett, click here.
Link to Airsonett Product brochure.
Link to Airsonett Patient brochure.
Recent Press releases and News items
- Airsonett AIR4 can generate significant cost savings while still maintaining asthma-related quality of life according to independent expert review (2017-02-22)
- Airsonett increases its focus on global commercial expansion (2016-11-23)
- Professor Bergmann, Charité, Berlin, presented Airsonett data at Allergo 2016 in Cologne (2016-03-12)
- Airsonett AIR-4 shown to provice economic advantage to NHS (2016-03-23)
- Läkemedelsverket (Swedish national Medical Product Agency) recommends Airsonett for treating patients with severe allergic asthma (2015-06-01)
- Airsonett appoints Senior Medical Director (2015-05-05)
- New clinical trial to evaluate Airsonett as a treatment for children with severe eczema (2015-01-11)
- Airsonett signs agreement with distributors in the US and Switzerland (2015-01-15)
- Airsonett 2014 – The support from health care specialists and health care organisations has increased dramatically (2014-12-08)
- Airsonett expands its organization (2014-12-05)
- Positive results from Airsonett research study presented at international asthma congress (2014-11-14)
- The British health care institute NICE publishes evaluation of Airsonett – a unique way to treat asthma (2014-08-14)
- New clinical study shows that Airsonett treatment decreases the need for acute medical care for asthma patients (2014-06-13)
- State-owned British research institute fund clinical trial of Airsonett (2014-06-06)
- Airsonett strengthens its Marketing and Sales organization (2014-05-21)
- Government study supports treatment with Airsonett for severe asthma (2013-11-13)
- Airsonett’s product Protexo has changed names to Airsonett (2013-07-05)
- Airsonett patent approved in the US (2013-06-26)
- Important patent approval for Airsonett in Japan (2013-02-21)
- Magnus Lundberg appointed new Chairman (2013-01-07)
If you want access to older Press Releases and News items, please contact Annica Anderberg, Director of communications, email@example.com